Center Pivots (Metric):
Selection, Operation & Maintenance
Course Cost: $60.00
This online training is based on the popular publication AGEN-PU-210 “Center Pivot Irrigation” (PDF), which has been widely used by both irrigators and dealers to select and manage pivots. The short course has 8 modules covering all topics related to selecting and managing center pivots, including types of drive systems, telescoping, water applicators, and chemigation. Each module has a quick quiz at the end to test one’s understanding of the topic. A center pivot buyer’s checklist is also included. Course user will need to complete a one-time registration to complete the course at AgrilifeLearn.tamu.edu.
- Module 1 – Introduction and Pivot Cost
- Module 2 – Types of Drive Systems
- Module 3 – Understanding the Design Printout
- Module 4 – System Capacity and Main Pipe Sizing
- Module 5 – Pressure Regulators and Water Applicators
- Module 6 – Converting Existing Pivots to LEPA & Accessories and Other Considerations
- Module 7 – Pivot Management, Irrigation Scheduling, Chemigation, and Fertigation
- Module 8 – Center Pivot Buyer’s Check List
Information collected from students who register for any of our online courses is used internally and is not disseminated or sold to any outside organizations. Information collected is used for reporting purposes to the Texas AgriLife Extension Service and to determine the levels of interest in our program.
A list of contacts are available on the left hand menu to help you answer any questions or problems you my encounter. Assistance is available between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday – Friday excluding holidays.